Kotak Asset Management Company (Kotak Mutual Fund) today announced the launch of Kotak Focused Equity Fund.
Details of Kotak Focused Equity Fund
- NFO Open Date: 25th June 2019 to 09th July 2019
- Type: Open Ended
- Portfolio focus: Upto 30 stocks across large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap categories.
- Benchmark: NIFTY 200TRI
- Fund Manager: Shibani Kurian & Harish Krishnan.
The fund aims to generate long term capital appreciation by investing in equity & equity related instruments across market capitalization.
Shibani Kurian, Senior Vice President and Head of Equity Research said, “Kotak Focused Equity Fund integrates corporate governance with risk/reward-based selections. The fund will follow a thematic approach of bottom-up stock picking using the Business, Management and Valuation (BMV) model. We will evaluate the business environment that a company operates in, the capability of the management to execute and scale up the business and valuation of the company based on fundamentals like discounted cash flows and P/E ratios.”
Features of Kotak Focused Equity Fund:
- Concentrated Portfolio consisting of 25-30 high growth and good quality businesses with sustainable and scalable earnings potential over the long term
- Leveraging On Research Capabilities by stock picking through the BMV model
- Suitable For Long Term Investors looking to benefit from the structural growth opportunity in Indian equities
- Multi-Cap Portfolio Strategy to ensure stocks pick without market cap bias
- Bottom Up Approach To Stock Picking with a top down thematic overlay
About Kotak Mahindra Asset Management
Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (Kotak), is the Asset Manager for Kotak Mutual Fund (KMF). KMAMC started operations in December 1998 and has approximately 22 lakh investors in various schemes. KMF offers schemes catering to investors with varying risk – return profiles and was the first fund house in the country to launch a dedicated gilt scheme investing only in government securities. The company is present in 82 cities and has 85 branches.